Overview of 3Ds Max
3Ds Max, developed and maintained by AutoDesk® is one of the best software tool that every designer, and every design studio possess as an asset to it. It has lot many in built features and rendering techniques just a click away. Keyboard shortcuts are considered as an advantage. If the GUI is talked about, it has everything right in front of the screen, and the user just can scroll through options and select the best according to the needs. The best of all is it works with Windows, MAC as well as Linux/Unix families of OS. Numerous settings, filters, plugins are available that caters every designer’s and architect’s needs.
Now the real play starts – here is a step-wise (not an algorithm) procedure to 3D Interior Rendering in 3Ds Max:
(1) Start the 3Ds max Application on your computer and open up the new project as per the preferences required for your rendering needs.
(2) Once the new project screen is loaded, now a new beginning to render a new adventure for any given interior gets initiated.
(3) Create a Model using the technique known as Modelling - This includes the creation of the room, the furniture, and other objects to be placed into that room. It is just a 3D illustration, using the Geometrical concepts and the trigonometry theorems.
(4) Next comes the Material Editor which is helpful in creating the mapped models from the pixel-based images, with the help of the planar, or flat projection tool. Textures are also applied to the objects and their models.
(5) All the above procedural steps concludes the scene creation and lighting can now be applied. Sources of lights like sun, bulbs, lamps, etc. are selected and kept focussed on the objects in the room. Adjustments are provided in such a way that the real lighting effects are delivered in the whole scenic layout of the room. Subtraction of light also is an important factor in giving realistic effect.
(6) Finally, the rendering is applied to this whole creation. The dataset that includes geometrical information, graphic accelerators are also rendered along with the lightings, textures, and colour temperature.
This comprises the whole of the procedure to render interiors using the AutoDesk 3Ds Max.